Perfecting the baby shower look
Events like baby showers are generally preferred in the outdoors which makes it ideal for soft baby theme colours. For a special occasion like this, it’s important that the mother wears soft colours to flaunt the baby bump. A messy bun, a fish braid, wavy or simple open hair would suit any attire that she choses.
Celebrity make-up artist and stylist, Naunidh Singh, has also suggested these few simple tricks to make it even better. You can choose products of your choice.
- If you want to get the look right, spend an extra minute on the eyes. Prepare your lids with a shadow primer which will help create a barrier between your skin and the make-up, also helping the shadow pigments pop. It will help keep the make up longer, by preventing it from all the pregnancy sweat.
- Going by the latest trends and the weather, choose a nice and warm neutral shade as it works best on Indian skin, something like ‘all that glitters’ from Mac. Pat the eye shadow on the lid and blend it upto the crease. Remember do not go over the crease.
- With a dome brush, which is also known as a pencil brush, blend a darker shade in the outer corner going upwards towards the brow until it’s blended nicely. This will give you dimension! You may use ‘Mulch’ by Mac for the same.
- To highlight under the brow bone and the inner corner of the eye select a lighter shade .Avoid stark white , go for an off white or a champagne color instead. This will make your eyes look bigger.
- If you love to sparkle, then go ahead and use glitter! The trick to getting a beautiful glittery lid is Glitter Glue. Otherwise, it’s going to get everywhere and make a mess. Use a small amount of Glitter Glue and pat it over top of the shadow you have already applied. Do not rub or your shadow will come off.
- Next, tap a little of your glitter into the lid of the container. Use your brush to pick up a small amount of glitter – gently press onto your lid. It may be a good idea to hold a tissue under your eye to catch any glitter that falls. If it does fall anyway, remove it using powder brush.
- Now comes my favourite part , top it all with a winged eye liner and lots and lots of mascara. You may use Kajal if you like.
- Do not forget to define your brows . Use a dark matt brown eye shadow to fill your eye brows. A simple eye brow brush will do the trick.
- Now clean up your under eye and prep your face by moisturising well. Go ahead and use your primer, correctors, foundation and create a natural looking Base.
- Don’t forget to highlight those cheek bones and contour your face well with bronzer suiting your skin tone . It will also reduce the puffiness.
- Use a rosy or a peachy blush according to your attire and finish up with a nude lipstick.
MAKE UP NAUNIDH SINGH
Make-up artist and beauty expert, Naunidh does make-up for personality. She uses her skills to achieve the vision of perfection, to create those memorable moments for every single client of hers
She specializes in glamour events, high fashion, vintage and period looks. Bridal make-up is her forte and has an experience for 3 years. Her work produces impeccable results through combination of passion and professional expertise
Her career is an interesting journey. After obtaining a bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, she went on to do a course in Set Design, which made way for interesting projects and also gave her an opportunity to work on several music videos and impress everyone who saw her capabilities.
She has created her own unique technique over the years. She does not like to conform to the rules and routine-like manner in which make-up is applied in the same way to all the customers.
As a professional, my art revolves around my clients who continue to inspire me. But it’s their smile and shining eyes of joy that brings me peace as I help them become the most beautiful version of their own selves. Nothing satisfies me more or makes me happier than to help women fall in love with themselves”, says Naunidh Singh